- WI-01 Congressional: Randy “Iron Stache” Bryce Randy Bryce is a U.S. Army veteran, cancer survivor, and union iron worker. He joined the race for Wisconsin’s 1st Congressional District because his values are our neighbors’ values, and Washington has gotten way off track.
- MN-05 Congressional: Ilhan Omar Born in Somalia, Ilhan and her family fled the country’s civil war when she was eight years old. They lived in a refugee camp in Kenya for four years before coming to the United States, and eventually settling in the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood of Minneapolis, in 1997. In 2016, Ilhan became the first Somali-American, Muslim legislator in the United States. She has been a devoted progressive activist for many years and through her advocacy work, she’s advanced important issues, including support for working families, educational access, environmental protection, and racial equity.
- VT-Governor:Christine Hallquist Christine has spent the last 12 years as CEO of Vermont’s largest locally owned utility, Vermont Electric Coop, becoming the first CEO in the country to transition on the job. Christine was inspired to run for governor after watching Vermont’s current governor fail to deliver for marginalized and working Vermonters. In focusing on rural economic development, quality public education, environmental justice, and a continued pursuit of delivering Medicare for all, Christine will bring her history of progressive leadership to the governor’s office.
Of the nominated candidates, Justice Democrats says, “Some have been previously involved in politics but most are running for the first time. They are educators, nurses, small business owners, and local community organizers. Every one of them is concerned about their community, our country, and making sure every person has the same protections, rights, and opportunities.” The full list of candidates is list on their website: https://www.justicedemocrats.com/candidates
- Medicare For All
- Jobs Guarantee + Livable Wage
- Tuition-Free Public College
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Clean Energy Economy
- Fighting Inequality in All Forms
Nomination evaluations can be initiated by completing an application on their website: https://go.justicedemocrats.com/survey/application-endorsement/