The Northern Illinois Progressive Network was formed to help organize content, events, news and action items important to independent Progressive causes. We are not affiliated with any established political party.
As Progressives, we are dedicated to:
- Fighting for the restoration and expansion of civil liberties.
- Fighting for the expansion of the democratic process.
- Ending the influence of corruption and money in government.
- Creating transparency, accountability, and responsibility in government.
- Electing and supporting people who are true public servants that value government for the people.
- Uniting citizens against the treachery of partisan strife and malicious rhetoric.
- Demanding sustainable policies and legislation to preserve our way of life for posterity.
- Our goal is to encourage all people to participate in the democratic process that makes this country uniquely great.
Board members are not permitted to serve if they are elected to civic office or political party to avoid a conflict of interest.
Michael Tauler, Chairman Both Barrels Gun Club
Douglas Barber, Vice Chair Both Barrels Gun Club
Charles Craft, Chairman Cary-Grove 4H Club
Dominique Miller, President Trinity SS Wellness and former Endorsed Bernie Candidate
Kae Dickinson, CEO Heroic Media Group, LLC
Our group was formed in 2016 with an understanding that Americans are not as divided as some want us to believe. As Bernie endorsed candidates and local activists, we witnessed firsthand how generous the people of our county are, many of whom shared the same deep concerns about crippling taxes and the widening income gap.
Obviously, there are those who profit from the status quo and want to keep things as they are. We witnessed Progressive groups from across the state fend off attacks from establishment opportunists. Some survived and regrouped, others were co-opted by the Democratic Party. Sadly, ours was no different.
Some of these individuals began targeting our members and ultimately succeeded in unilaterally removing eight founding board members then took it upon themselves to register the “McHenry County Progressives” as a business in their own interest. A new board was formed under false pretense, a board which stood by or directly aided establishment leadership in targeting our Progressive volunteers and candidates.
Tested and Ready
Those of us who left have continued working with national, state, and local Progressive groups to continue ensuring voters have a voice and that good people who step up to run for office have the support needed without compromising their values for corporate money.
Today, we are proud to announce that we have been very successful in this effort and are now ready to unveil our new website and invite you to join us.
We never stopped fighting for the people of our county and invite you to join us.
You are welcome here.
Northern Illinois Progressives
Start here> What is a Progressive?